OUR HISTORY OF CHAMPAGNE PRODUCERS
Champagne producers in the Côte des Bars in Aube, we are proud to introduce you to the history of our house and the values that we advocate on a daily basis. Discover the passion that drives our house as well as our know-how acquired from generation to generation.
The history of Maison Laurent is closely linked to Celles-sur-Ource, a traditional village on the Côte des Bar, in the south of Champagne. It was Athanase Laurent who settled there in 1850 and began to produce this champagne wine, which was sold at the time to merchants. Over the decades, generations have passed on traditional know-how in winemaking.
We celebrate the know-how of our ancestors by making a producer Champagne, mature, long in the mouth and with sustained vinosity.
What sets us apart:
- We produce complex blends, from four to five years of harvest.
- Our vintages are aged in the cellar for almost ten years - a particularly long period, which reveals our know-how.
- By vinifying our grape varieties separately, we produce unique Bruts Blancs de Blancs and Blancs de Noirs.
- Our wide range of old and rare champagnes, which makes the specificity of our cellar.
- Sustainable development and renewable energies are an integral part of our work. For example, rainwater is collected to carry out our vine treatments and soil washing. The company is energy self-sufficient thanks to solar panels. We practice sustainable agriculture and our Champagne is certified free of glyphosates and pesticides.
Our family has always been winegrowers and has worked as champagne producers for three generations.
Building on this heritage, we use traditional methods: for the grapes, empirical methods based on observation, and for winemaking, traditional methods (alcoholic and malolactic fermentation).
Instead of heating and cooling technologies, we prefer patience and give our wines the time they need to develop.
Browse our range for your champagne purchase projects.
We make our champagnes from our own production of grapes.
Located in the Côte des Bars, in the south of Champagne, our vineyard covers 16 hectares. It is planted with the noble Champagne grape varieties Pinot Noir (70%), Chardonnay (20%) and Pinot Blanc (10%). This terroir, Kimmeridgian Clay-limestone, has a viticultural anteriority of more than 2000 years. This allows us to produce Champagnes rich in maturity.
We are in favor of a reasoned viticulture: our treatments are limited and adapted according to a continuous monitoring of the evolution of our plots. We work with respect for the environment and biodiversity, to ensure the ecological sustainability of our company. We have been certified HVE (High Environmental Value) level 3 since November 2019.
Today, Jean Laurent perpetuates the House spirit and style, initiated by his grandfather, Pierre Laurent, who created the first champagnes.
In 1952 Raymond Laurent, his father, definitively oriented the estate towards the production of blended cuvées rich in aromas and full of finesse. Also, for half a century, we have been offering our amateur customers a selection of vintage Champagnes aged for nearly ten years in our cellars.
Do you want to order or distribute our products? Our house carries out the export of champagne all over the world. Do not hesitate to contact your winegrower based in Celles-sur-Ours, near Côte des Bars in Aube. Our sales department will be happy to advise you.